Do you want to make a real impact accelerating global energy production transitioning to zero-carbon systems?
In Elisa’s International Digital Services, you can join a multidisciplinary team that is harnessing data and AI to overcome issues arising from wind and solar becoming the main forms of energy production. As a (Senior) Data Scientist you would bring your expertise on developing complex mission critical algorithms to the team and enable us pilot and scale the new solutions to commercial reality.
Are you excited about energy ecosystem transforming to zero-carbon era? Do you enjoy developing new solution concepts from idea stage to pilot installations to full-scale commercial launch? Can you see what should be technically feasible and progress towards that by iteratively removing the largest uncertainties first building high quality code? Can you conquer complex problems by dividing them into easier to track sub-components, and keep stakeholders involved on where the current priorities are?
Read more about our project to use telecom towers to build a more energy-efficient future.
We are functioning like a startup within the larger Elisa corporation, proving that it is truly possible to combine the perks of a lean startup business with the resources and financial stability of a corporation. As we are growing fast and changing all the time, you will have a great chance to evolve the role yourself.
What the role is all about?
You will be designing, developing and deploying machine learning solutions to build up comprehensive and high-quality distributed system in the technical domain of Smart Energy Solutions.
Our working environment is fast-paced and we are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy this type of atmosphere as much as we do!
What do we expect from you?
- You have broad experience in one or more of the following topics: Time Series Forecasting, Reinforcement Learning, Predictive Maintenance, Applied Mathematics and Optimization for Scheduling.
- You have deep understanding and experience of applying machine learning to complex operational problems and systems (we lean towards Python, open-source libraries, and variety of tools from Databricks and AWS)
- You understand how energy market trading processes are applied in practice and have familiarity with reserve and balancing markets like aFRR, FFR and FCR in Europe.
- You can work effectively with software developers and other data scientists throughout the product development process.
- You have suitable education (e.g. PhD / MSc in computer science, operations research, systems analysis, statistics, or another relevant field).
- You have experience in developing production-level software using Python.
- You have strong communication skills, and you are a social, curious team player.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment, getting your kicks from seeing your ideas being realized in practice.
- You are fluent in English. Other major European language skills are an advantage
Most of our team is based in Helsinki, but like the rest of the Elisians, we can work flexibly (in Finland).
Why join us?
As you can see, you will be given a large portion of responsibility, but equal amounts of freedom and trust. You are surrounded by over 5000 friendly Elisians, who never hesitate to come to your assistance.
Elisa has been ranked as one of the Finland's best employers for many years, for many reasons: huge amounts of flexibility, a friendly and laid-back working environment, great leadership that we are truly proud of, a continuous curiosity and an innovative aim to develop, as well as a fundamental invitation to come as you are. We understand and honor the fact that each Elisian comes with families, hobbies, problems, backgrounds and lives of their own. Read more about Elisa and the elisians here.
We can't wait to get to know you a bit better! We will start the interviews immediately with promising candidates, so submit your application through the link below as soon as possible! If you have any questions about the role or Elisa, please turn to Ezgi Ozan at ezgi.ozan (a) elisa.com. Welcome to our team!
The chosen candidate will undergo drug test and a security clearance vetting, which in turn requires having stayed in Finland for multiple years.