Risk management is part of Elisa’s internal control system. It aims to ensure that risks affecting the company’s business are identified, influenced and monitored. The company classifies risks into strategic, operational, hazard and financial risks.
Elisa has identified the risks associated with corporate responsibility. These include:
- information security and privacy risks, in particular leakage of personal data, data flaws or faults on personal data;
- climate risks, which in particular have an impact on the reliability of services as extreme climatic conditions increase;
- the risks associated with possible human resources arrangements, in particular outsourcing measures;
- possible violations of human rights, particularly in the supply chain and in customer encounters;
- customer communication and marketing risks;
- potential risks related to supplier management, such as aberration of internal control and corruption related risks.